snore clinic analyses your snoring for symptoms of sleep apnoea.
- Stoppage of breathing is detected while you sleep
- Analysis of your risk of sleep apnoea by means of a simple, coloured traffic light symbol (red/amber/green)
- All sleep noises are recorded and can be heard
- Forward your results to sleep apnoea specialists
- Specialists will then clarify individually appropriate forms of therapy
- Developed by Prof. Hermann F. Sailer, the leading sleep apnoea specialist
- Tested in the sleep lab
Sleep apnoea and the associated health risks
Stoppage of breathing and the consequences
Stoppage of breathing is triggered by the narrowing or total closing of the airways. During such stoppage, the oxygen content in the blood declines rapidly, the heart races, blood pressure increases and stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline are released. The consequences are disturbed sleep and permanent daytime fatigue.
Methods of Treatment
Treating obstructive sleep apnoea
The so-called “Rotation Advancement Operation” permanently widens the airways by shifting the upper and lower jaw forward, completely curing the patient.
Symptomatic treatment, which does not cure but mitigates the symptoms of sleep apnoea.
Gum shields, protrusion bars
When in use, gum shields shift and keep your lower jaw forward and thereby widen the upper narrowed airways.
CPAP breathing mask
The so-called “CPAP breathing mask”, a type of ventilation device, is worn at night while sleeping. During this time it presses air into the lungs at a positive pressure, thereby facilitating breathing.
Laser and radio frequency applications and operations on the palate, uvula or tongue base
Surgical interventions on the highly sensitive and functional soft tissues are particularly painful. While these methods may help to alleviate snoring, sleep apnoea will persist.